Freshmen Seminar, GT1000, Teachers' Application, New TeachersGT1000 INSTRUCTOR'S APPLICATION
Completed application packets must contain:
1. _____ Signed Application with GTID#.
2. _____ Completed SACS form (For new GT1000 instructors. This is a one-time form unless you add an academic degree). This form is also called, Roster of Instructional Staff. The SACS form will be mailed to you via campus mail.
3. ______Official Transcript of Highest Degree Earned (Only for new teachers. The transcript must come to Success Programs:
Attn: Amy Stalzer
755 Ferst Drive
Atlanta, GA 30332-0252
4. _____ Syllabus (Due no later than August 12 before start of fall semester)
5. _____ Supervisor's Signature (Application Form)
6. _____ Current Resume
GT ID # _____________________
Name:__________________________________________ Date: __________
Work Location at GT: ____________________________________________
Work Phone: ______________________________ Mail Code: ___________
Have you taught a Freshmen Seminar course at another institution:
____ Yes ____ No
Years at GT: ______ (All instructors must be beyond their first year of employment at Tech in order to be comfortable in their jobs and to have useful information to share with students.
Supervisor: (Where applicable)
I give permission for ______________________________ to teach a section of GT1000, understanding that teaching the class requires one hour per week for the class and one hour per week to meet with upper class team leaders, and additional class preparation time.
Supervisor's Signature: ________________________________________________
Education/Experience: (Use reverse side if needed)
Please list all college majors, degrees, and dates. If applicable, list education courses taken by general topic (example, ed psych).
Please list all relevant work experience; ie applicable to teaching GT1000.
The following skills and competencies are necessary for effective teaching as a GT1000 instructor. Please review each component carefully. Write an S for strong, M for moderate, and W for weak in the column on the right hand side of the table. This will help us in developing teacher training.
Applicant's Signature_______________________ Date:____________
Please give some thought to the following statements and complete each one with as much information about yourself as possible.
1. Please share your thoughts on what makes for an effective transition and adjustment from home and high school to college. As an instructor, how can you help in that transition?
2. What are some of your biggest concerns regarding being a GT1000 instructor?